The Disability Access Route to Education (DARE) and the Reasonable Accommodations in Certiﬁcate Exams (RACE) Schemes are two schemes operating in the Republic of Ireland which are applicable to secondary school students with additional learning needs. This course will give teachers an insight into the schemes and share practical knowledge on how to process applications eﬃciently and competently as well as the know-how in how to eﬀectively use assessment and testing methods to support the process.
Course content and course work will include:
- The rationale for the schemes and Equality legislation
- Regulations surrounding RACE & DARE
- Screening pupils for eligibility to RACE / DARE
- Using standardised tests for the schemes (including test practice and demonstration)
- General good practice guidelines